Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Skydive

I disregarded my blog over the holiday. However, I will begin a week (or so) of some recaps. To begin I will talk about my skydive again. 

On Saturday, March 28th, I went skydiving. It was through Tandem Skydive Mossel Bay. I jumped out of the tiniest plane from 10,000 ft. This plane could literally only hold four people and the driver. And that's with us packed together on the floor, and no door. I repeat, there was no door on the plane. We took about a 15 minute plane ride over Mossel Bay. This is one of the most amazing things to do. You could see the mountains, the country side, the city, the ocean. It was breathtaking. I was glad there was no door. I could see everything so clearly. We were above the few clouds that were out. It was unbelievable. Then, I did what I never thought I would ever do, I jumped out (more like fell out) of the plane. We did two or three summer saults during our free fall. I felt like my skin was sliding off my face. Even though I didn't scream the entire time, the wind was so strong that I couldn't close my mouth. Then, once the parachute deployed, I got to help control the chute. We glided over mossel bay for awhile before landing. Skydiving was definitely one of the most exhilarating and CRAZY things I have ever done! 

This picture is shortly before the parachute opened, ending the free fall. Incase I needed any help with my insecurity over my huge earlobes, this picture confirms that my ears do in fact hang low, wobble to and fro, I could tie them in a knot, and I could tie them in a bow. 


No comments:

Post a Comment